Hi Guys. Recently one of my Friend saw a notification on his Laptop that his Drive is Running on a Low Disk Space.
He checked his downloads because he didn't downloaded any Large File recently. According to him the drive must have a free space of around 100 GB.
This problem was mainly caused by a worm called Space Eater or you can call it whatever you want :P
Here if you're also facing similar kind of problem then you need to take few counter measures to avoid such problem in future.
- Install a Firewall.
- Use Latest Anti virus
- Keep Updating you Anti virus.
- Use Anti-key logger, Anti-Spy ware,Anti-malware etc
- Download the songs, software from trusted websites only
- Don't click on any suspicious link.
Now what else if you already messed up with anything like this. Follow these steps:
- Open you Drive and Search for a file with Suspicious size (like 80-90 GB). Most of the cases the file will be of the name spaceshot.dll just search and delete this file.
- Uninstall all the unwanted programs.
- If you're still unable to get your space back then try this....
- Disable all your anti virus and Anti-malware and similar programs
- Disconnect from Internet
- Only then Start scanning with Combo Fix
- Don't close the scan window until it get complete.
- You'll get your lost space back.
Keep Learning. Keep Rocking :)